The Story Behind A Tattoo

Yes, I got my first tattoo for my birthday and I am eighteen. Probably getting a tattoo wasn't a bad decisions after all. I know for sure that I would not regret it in the future because this carries a meaning, some truth and a story. 
I didn't get inked for the sake or because it's cool. That's probably the reason I would not regret it. 






Here's the background that you need to know. 
On the 19th of August, on my way back home from college, I met with an accident. I was one minute away from home, a mere minute when the bus bumped into an oil tanker and changed it's route to the adjacent highway advancing to the service road which was 8-10 feet lower and it finally crashed into a big ass cement compound. 
When the bus had a flight before it hit the cement compound, I legit thought it was going to be my last day on this scary planet. It was a nightmare! But, I survived( being Arya, not today) with multiple fractures. My elbow and spine being the worst. I was then rushed to the hospital where I spent one whole week doing nothing. The following week at home was pretty tough and I wanted to cry every bit of a second but I did not. 
On the 30th of August, it was my younger brother's birthday and mine was two day's after. That day I really wanted to something memorable for my birthday, my eighteenth birthday. But I just couldn't do anything with my broken body. That's when I decided to get a tattoo for myself, one marking my strength to get over anything possible. I wanted to have one as means of encouraging me to grab onto myself, life and have faith. 

So on the 31st of August, I got my first tattoo with an arrow head and a feathered tail and inked "warrior" as it's body. It's such a positive tattoo, I love the way it turned out. 
Coming to the pain; it's a weird kind of pain, definitely a lot better than the fracture pain. 
And another point to note is that my right hand was the only part of the body that was fit to get inked. It wasn't perfectly fit however. There were bruises all over my forearm and almost ten injection piercings that was given at the hospital for driving drips. Due to this reason, the arm was already going through pain and the tattoo pain wasn't a havoc. 
It's been 5 days now(on the day of writing the post) and I'm in love with this tattoo. It reminds me what I have been through and how strong I am and I hope it continues to do the same :) 


Comments

Post a Comment